Vishakhapatnam/New Delhi : The Foundation Stone of India’s first exclusive medical device manufacturing park – Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone – was laid today at Nadupur village of Pedda Gantyada Mandal in Vishakhapatnam by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Chandrababu Naidu in the presence of Union Ministers Shri Venkaih Naidu, Shri Ananth Kumar, Andhra Health Minister Shri Kameini Srinivas, WHO Representative Mr Henk Benkedam, representatives of Indian medical device industry including Shri Rajiv Nath and a galaxy of other notable personalities.
- CM Chandrababu Naidu along with Venkaih Naidu, Ananth Kumar, YS Chaudhary and WHO Representative Mr Henk Benkedam lays the foundation of exclusive park near Vishakhapatnam.
- It’s a big milestone for the country and especially for the medical device industry. We at AiMeD are extremely happy that our efforts have fructified into this momentous occasion. This facility will help India catapult into the league of top medical equipment producing countries in the world and help bring down overall healthcare cost while ensuring tremendous saving in terms of foreign exchange -Rajiv Nath
- Medical device manufacturing could be the next big thing for Indian economy after the IT revolution – Rajiv Nath
AMTZ, the 270-acre exclusive manufacturing zone is the result of MoU signed between the state government and AiMeD nine months back with a view to promote manufacturing of hi-tech and high-end medical devices within the country with a view to encourage domestic manufacturing, reduce India’s humungous import dependency in medical devices, generate quality employment and bring down overall healthcare cost for average citizen. The exclusive tech zone will have the state-of-the-art and the best global facilities for R&D, manufacturing, testing, export & regulatory facilitations and logistics.
“ We will reduce the cost of healthcare with local production of Medical Devices , We will create common infrastructure for you – the local Industry of world class and assure you of all clearances within 15 days ….” said Mr Chandarababu Naidu
“The AMTZ project will be a game changer for India in the field of Healthcare and is very Good News ! This has global consequences, from being Pharmacy of the World to being the Medical Devices Manufacturing Hub of the World “said WHO India Representative Mr Henk Bekedam
“The launch of AMTZ is the dawn of a new era in the history of Medical Devices and Electronic industry in India. We at AiMeD are extremely happy that our efforts have fructified into this momentous occasion. We profusely thank Shri Chandrababu Naidu and Central Government for sharing our vision and wishing India to be among the top 5 medical device manufacturing hubs of the world. We at AiMeD applaud Mr Naidu’s leadership and his teams for taking steps to turn this into a reality within 9 months of our initial discussions with him last November,” said Mr Rajiv Nath, Forum Coordinator, AiMeD.
“Medical device manufacturing could be the next big thing for Indian economy after the IT revolution. This facility is not only a big milestone for the country which will catapult India into the league of top medical equipment producing countries in the world but equally important it will help bring down overall healthcare cost while ensuring tremendous saving in terms of foreign exchange,” pointed out Mr Nath.
The presence of a galaxy of Union Ministers and State Ministers from Andhra, Senior Officials and who’s who from the medical device industry indicates the support AMTZ and medical devices industry has drawn.
• Only the third such exclusive facility for manufacturing of medical devices in the world.
• A great example of public-private cooperation, the result of an idea mooted by AiMeD and endorsed fully by Shri Chandrababu Naidu and fully supported by Central government.
• Spread over 270 acres at Pedda Gantyada Mandal in Vishakhapatnam within close vicinity of Vizag international port.
• Will house over 200 medical devices manufacturing units.
• Will have R&D, testing, logistics, regulatory facilities within the campus.
• Will have common manufacturing facilities, plug & play modeled, ready to move in built-up, pre-approved and Factory Act compliant factories.
About AiMeD: AIMED is an umbrella association of Indian manufacturers of medical devices covering all types of medical devices including consumables, disposables, equipments, Implants, instruments and diagnostics. AIMED has a primary membership of over 350 manufacturers and additionally of over 150 associate members representing the interest of over 700 manufacturers of medical devices to address the manufacturer’s problems. To know more about AIMED, please visit www.aimedindia.com